Original source: Medium.
Having a specific and intentional routine on Friday will set you up for a relaxing weekend and a successful following week.
- Block off your calendar for all of Friday afternoon – This means not scheduling any meetings or calls after 12 noon on Friday.
- Spend 2+ hours working on unfinished top-priority tasks – Find a quiet place to work where you won’t be interrupted, and spend a couple of focused hours on these top-priority tasks.
- Spend 1 hour cleaning out your inbox – Scroll through your entire inbox for emails or calls that slipped through the cracks during the week.
- Write out your to-do list for the following week – With a clear understanding of where things are being left off with all big and little items, you can now prioritize what you will do the following week.
- Leave the office early – At this point in the day, you have made progress against your major projects, cleared out as many minor-but-necessary items as possible, and set yourself up for a successful week ahead.