My name is Vivian Pérez. I’m a proven Freelance Consultant with expertise in Virtual Assistance, Translation, Transcription, Social Media and Community Management, Editing and Proofreading, and Content Development.
I love to read, perhaps because my mother always has a book in her hands and many of my relatives have been university professors, public school teachers and even librarian. I love to write, because I was always with my father when he was scheduling his construction projects or doing the payroll closing. I enjoy listening to music and watching movies, preferably, international films. I also like to meet people and establish good friendships no matter where they live or what language they speak. Maybe that was why I did my Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages and Pre-Translation at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. I studied Advanced French, Italian and Basic Japanese.
Soon, I found myself absorbed in the fascinating world of the different cultures and the intricate play of words. Therefore, I decided to continue my studies and completed a Master’s Degree in Arts, Translation. My thesis was the translation from French to Spanish of Hugo le terrible, a story for young people about the hurricane Hugo and his passing through the Island of Guadalupe. This was a wonderful experience because I had the opportunity to exchange letters with the author, Maryse Condé.
As a freelance professional, I have been responsible for developing my own relationships with clients and have managed accounts with industry-leading organizations in a number of fields. This includes companies located both in Puerto Rico and within the United States, such as: Vernet, a company dedicated to the development of educational software; PRATP, an organization responsible for encouraging changes in public and private systems in order to increase the access of assistive technology (AT) for individuals with funcional diversity; Sizzler, Ushuaia Solutions, MultiLing, Pordiversión, Inc., PR Global Logistics, Inteco, and others.
My greatest achievements include my academic background in languages, certification as a Virtual Assistant and Community Manager, and ongoing commitment to improving access to content across industries for Spanish-speaking customers and employees. Whether I am translating an employee manual or ebook, creating and sending email newsletters, managing a social media or creating new digital content for blogs or websites to engage new customers, I am always focused on quality.
Tasks I can help you with:
Email Management Tasks
- Filtering Emails/Managing Spam
- Database Building/Updating Contacts
- Setting Up Autoresponders
- Following Up with Clients/Customers sending ‘Thank You’ emails and ‘Save the Date’ remainders, Greetings eCards, Event Invitations, etc.
- Calendar Management/Appointment Scheduling
- Remainder Services
- Organizing Dropbox/Google Drive
- Data Entry in Work/Google Docs
- Creating/Managing Spreadsheets
- Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
- PDF Conversion
- Online Research on certain topics for Blog Posts, Newsletters, etc.
- Blog Publishing Management
- Moderating Blog Comments
- Adding Tags/Images to Blog Posts
- Simple eBook Layout/Formatting
- Document Template Creation
- Social Media Management
- Creating Facebook Fan Pages/Groups
- Posting/Scheduling Facebook Insights
- Promoting Facebook Pages
- Creating a Twitter Account
- Managing and Increasing Twitter Following
- Scheduling Tweets/Tracking Mentions and Hashtags
- Creating/Managing LinkedIn Account
- Creating/Managing Pinterest Account
- Scheduling/Tracking Pins
- Creating/Managing YouTube Account
- Uploading Videos on YouTube
- Moderating YouTube Comments
- Answer Inquiries/Messages on All Channel & Profiles
- Transcription of voicemail, video or audio, podcasts, etc. (Spanish only)
Email Marketing Tasks
- Creating a New List in Email Marketing Software
- Adding and Removing Subscribers from Lists
- Creating and Scheduling Emails to Promote Content
- Editing Follow-up Emails and Auto-responders
- Creating Email Newsletters
- Editing / Proofreading Emails
Code of Ethics for VAP by Bureau Red
As a professional Virtual Assistant, I accept and commit to my ethical responsibility towards clients, colleagues and to myself. I accept to behave responsibly, with the highest level of integrity and commitment. I will not knowingly cause damage to myself, to those I associate myself with or to the Virtual Assistance Profession.
Standard of Excellence
1. I am sensitive to cultural values and beliefs, and I value diversity, accepting that other peoples’ values are as valid as mine are.
2. I exercise integrity, honesty and confidentiality, while complying with the dual obligation to myself and my clients.
3. I acknowledge my limitations, and will only provide services and/or use technology based on my present level of competence.
4. I will clearly inform the terms of our commercial agreement at the beginning of any commercial relationship, and will clarify what each party expects from the other.
I. I accept total responsibility for the work rendered, accepting mistakes and correcting them immediately.
II. I will not abuse the authority trusted to me by my clients.
III. My clients’ interests are very important to me.
IV. I shall not use commercial information obtained as a result of professional activity.
5. I shall keep my personal and professional knowledge up to date, and will continue my training to ensure that the necessary experience will be available whenever required.
6. I shall be part of the Support Net helping out with my knowledge, abilities and professional experience to other Virtual Assistants, to enlarge the community, and to help grow the professional understanding and abilities of the Virtual Assistant profession.
7. I shall strive to strengthen the public awareness and acceptance on Virtual Assistance excellence.
8. I shall not knowingly damage the professional reputation or practice of another Virtual Assistant.